Aline and the Blue Bottle is the first novel in a series by Carolina Ugaz-Morán. It recounts the adventures of a young girl named Aline, which begin when she realizes she is surrounded by secrets. She learns she is hiding in the human world, her family is not her family, and she must go to a magical world to find her powers. In this new world, with the help of two sylph friends, she goes on a quest to find a blue bottle to save all magical worlds from her arch-enemy, Dashiok.
Interesting Thigs about Caroline Ugaz-Moran:
- I went to pre-school in Spain, where I saw sheep in the mountains in San Cugat del Valles. I was with two other preschoolers and we went to see the sheep together – the shepherd had to bring us back along with all of his sheep and this caused fantastic havoc in the school
- In Argentina, when I was almost 2 years old I rode a carousel that was over 100 years old and tried to hook a large ring in ring-holder – missed it every time!!!
- I swam from the beach across the open ocean to a tiny island called Catita with my parents, my 2 brothers, and one puppy when we lived in Venezuela!
- When I was 6, I wanted to be a Marine Biologist and study sharks – still do!!!
- My mother always found new adventures for my brothers and I to do. When we lived in Puerto Rico, she took us to a beach with pink sand and a few weeks later to a bay that had bioluminescent organisms that lit the water as well as your hand when you stuck in the water!
- When I was 11, I fell in love with Cuzco and Machu Pichu – an ancient city high in the Andean Mountains of Peru
- I was the captain of the basketball team in Peru – but I am not really that good at basketball…
- In Peru I saw the Halley comet and my family and I camped in a desert beach. In this beach, there was a delta river where I caught a fish with one hand – I had broken my wrist and had a cast on the other…
- I travelled by bus from Peru, through Chile, all the way to Argentina when I was 12. My family and I tell numerous number of stories from this adventure. We flew back!
- I went to the University of Wisconsin, in the USA, and major in Biochemistry and Creative Writing
- I truly love animals and my dream would be to have an animal sanctuary
- Love going out in nature with my family and my 2 dogs, hiking, camping, BBQing and stand-up paddle boarding…