Explorist -n. One who travels to or through the unknown.
As a historian and member of the Director's Council of the Cotsen Institute of Archaeology at UCLA, I have sifted through ancient history to find its fun and exciting points. As an Author, I have found the way to blend those points with the natural mood of a vacation traveler: relaxed discovery. I have found a way to make the history of a city compelling, attractive, and fun.
My experiences are global and crazy:
- Sleeping in an Egyptian Cement Factory
- Killing myself in an Ancient Mayan Cave
- 3D VR at 13,000feet in the Bolivian Andes
- Being held at gunpoint in the Sahara Desert
- Being held at gunpoint in the Guatamalan Rainforest
- The Making of a Terra Cotta Warrior (Xian, China)
- The Oldest Shoe, The Oldest Wine Press, The Oldest Copper Smelt: Discoveries from an ancient Armenian Cave
- Sneaking into Red Square at 3am
I have photographed and kept journals about these and so many more of my crazy adventures. Trust me when I say that it leaves one with a completely different perspective of the world!
With Italy, I have created a line of books that will take travelers to the heart of a city - the things that truly make a city important. In the case of Florence, it is the Renaissance. Visitors laugh, cry, and experience that 'AHA' feeling throughout their entire visit. And they will have fun as they walk the streets feeling as though they are the first person to ever discover the "Michelangelos" of Italy's past.
I know you've been there, but I promise that you've never seen Italy like this!