Nina Amir, author of How to Blog a Book, The Author Training Manual, and Creative Visualization for Writers, transforms writers into authors. She motivates people from all walks of life to create books that positively impact readers and develop careers as authors. Some of her clients have gone on to sell 300,000+ copies of their books and to land deals with major publishing houses. She maintains four blogs, has self-published 18 books and is the founder of National Nonfiction Writing Month. Also known as the Write Nonfiction in November Challenge, this world-wide annual event encourages writers to complete a work of nonfiction in a month and is accompanied by 30 days of expert blog posts.
Amir is a nonfiction book editor, book proposal consultant, author and book coach, and blog and blog-to-book coach with more than 35 years of experience in the publishing field. She holds a BA in magazine journalism with a concentration in psychology, has edited or written for more than 45 publications producing hundreds of articles and had her work published in five anthologies; her work was published in two other books recently, including Spiritual Pregnancy, by Drs. Shawn A. Tassone and Kathryn M. Landherr (Llewelllyn). Her self-published books, some of which are available on Amazon and some on her websites, include:
- How to Evaluate Your Book for Success, A Step-by-Step Workbook for Conceiving a Successful Book Before You Give Birth to It
- Using the Internet to Build Your Platform One Article at a Time, 8 Tips for Getting Publicity, Exposure and Expert Status by Providing Free Copy Online
- Everyone has a Torah, What's Yours? A Workbook for Turning Life Lessons into Stories Worth Telling
- 4 Steps to Creating Sacred Space and Inviting the Divine to Dwell Within It (plus a workbook)
- How to Mystically Manifest Your Physical and Spiritual Desires (plus a workbook)
- From Empty Practice to Meaning-Full and Spirit-Full Prayers and Rituals?in Seven Simple Steps
- Navigating the Narrow Bridge: 7 Steps for Moving Forward Courageously Even When Life Seems Most Precarious
- 10 Days and 10 Ways to Return to Your Best Self, A T'Shuvah Tool Bridging Religious Traditions
- Get Ready, Aim, Shoot, Hit Your Bull's Eye This Year, A Spiritual Guide to Using the Jewish and Secular New Years to Reset Your Personal, Professional and Spiritual Targets
- The Summer Dance Intensive Handbook: How to Choose the Best Program for Your Child and Help Your Dancer Get the Most Out of the Experience
A prolific blogger, Amir writes four blogs. These include Write Nonfiction Now, How to Blog a Book, As the Spirit Moves Me, and My Son Can Dance. You also can find her posts on www.thefutureofink.com, www.Vibrantnation.com and in www.redroom.com. As an on-line columnist, Amir serves as the National Jewish Issues Examiner and the National Self-Improvement Examiner. She also continues to work as a journalist.
As a book editor, Amir also has a proven track record. One of her clients' books (Enlightened Leadership) was self-published and then purchased and re-released verbatim by Simon & Schuster (Fireside); the book has sold over 300,000 to date. Another (Radical Forgiveness) won the 1998 Writer?s Digest Self-Published Book Award (Inspirational category), went on to sell over 115,000 copies, and recently was purchased by Sounds True. Her clients' book proposals regularly get them contracts with agents as well.
Amir teaches workshops, teleseminars and classes on how to get published and become an author. She also speaks to organizations, writing groups and at conferences on topics related to writing, getting published, building platform, blogging, blogging books, boosting business with a blog and a book, and realizing the dream of becoming a published author. She works with individual aspiring authors and entrepreneurs not only on their manuscripts but how to get their books and other products written most efficiently and on staying inspired as they maneuver their way through the sometimes long and arduous path to becoming published. She also helps them turn their passion and their soul purpose into printed products.
Amir also speaks and writes about self-improvement, human potential and personal growth, and practical spirituality. She is the former regular holiday and spirituality expert on Conversations with Mrs. Claus, a weekly podcast heard in more than 90 countries and downloaded by 130,000 listeners per month. She is a certified rebirther, a trained Voice Dialogue facilitator and currently is working on her life coaching certificate. Although she often speaks and writes from a Jewish perspective, her work spans religious lines and is pertinent to people of all faiths and spiritual traditions.
In all she does, Amir focuses on helping people live their lives fully and manifest their desires -- whether those desires look like written products or something entirely different. She sees herself as an "Everywoman" whose struggles and successes are similar to those of the masses. Therefore, she writes, speaks and teaches from a place of knowing that what has worked for her will at least provide others with a starting place from which to find what works best for them.
Amir lives in the Santa Cruz Mountains above Los Gatos, CA.