Wednesday, June 05, 2013
Parents, Educators and other Professionals:
- Do you want to learn the keys to getting kids to do their work, chores, etc?
- Would you like to have energy left at the end of the day?
- Do you wish the kids in your life had the keys to success in life: personal responsibility and great problem-solving skills?
We will give you the tools to accomplish all of this and more!
Join us for:
21st Century Solutions for Creating Respectful, Responsible and Self-Controlled Kids
Reversing the Tide of Apathy and Entitlement in our Schools and Homes
Jim Fay, Charles Fay, Ph.D., Foster W. Cline, M.D. & Bob Sornson, Ph.D.
June 20-22, 2013
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver
3203 Quebec St
Denver, CO 80207
A QUICK SNAPSHOT OF WHAT YOU'LL LEARN AT THIS EXCITING CONFERENCE
Thursday, June 20th & Friday, June 21st Time: 8:00am - 3:30pm
JIM FAY and CHARLES FAY, Ph.D.
Slaying the Beast of Entitlement in Your Classroom and Home
Join Jim Fay and Dr. Charles Fay for two days of practical skills taught with entertaining examples. You'll learn …
- A four-step process for preventing or treating entitlement.
- How to put the brakes on begging, arguing, and manipulative behaviors.
- How to become a black belt at the art of dealing with defiance and disrespect.
- Skills that enable you to set compassionate limits with others while empowering them to take responsibility for their own actions.
- The secrets to getting great cooperation from your students or your kids at home.
- How to become that special person that kids don't want to defy or disrespect.
- Tips for spending less time on discipline and more time enjoying kids.
- How to act in ways that encourage people (even adults) to take responsibility for their lives.
Saturday, June 22nd Time: 8:00am - 3:30pm
Choose between Dr. Foster Cline or Dr. Bob Sornson FOSTER W. CLINE, M.D.
A Laugh and Learn Session on Teens: Guys, this place is more than a social networking site!
Energize yourself and adolescents with effective tools, techniques and bodacious skills.
Recognizing how to sidestep almost all control battles almost all of the time.
The absolute essentials of encouraging adolescents to communicate respectfully with you.
Foster will model and role play how to handle the specific and common adolescent issues: grades, sex, friending, chores, drug abuse.
Recognizing and responding effectively to depressed adolescents. BOB SORNSON, Ph.D.
Helping Children Develop Emotional Control
Would you like your children to learn to calm themselves down, sometimes wait or work for what they want, and handle small disappointments in life without becoming overwhelmed? Would you like your children to notice the well-being of others and develop social skills? In this workshop you will learn the skills to help your children develop emotional control, empathy, and raise the odds for long-term success in life. Participants will learn…
To identify stages in the development of emotional control.
Parenting and teaching skills which help children develop emotional control.
How secure attachment and self-regulation are important for the development of empathy.
The importance of emotional control for school success and life success.
The secret ingredient to help children develop emotional control. Full Details: https://www.loveandlogic.com/ecom/p-633-denver-colorado-june-20-22-2013.aspx Sample Video Clip:
www.loveandlogic.com/training; user name: lovelogic; password: Training&
For more information on Love and Logic Institute, Inc., call 800-338-4065 or visit www.loveandlogic.com
For additional story ideas and topics, visit www.loveandlogic.com/join
Love and Logic Institute, Inc.