Delray Beach, FL - Oct. 7, 2012 - It's becoming a national nightmare for the working class in this country where unemployment is over 9 %.
According to a recent survey — ONLY 45 percent of today's employees are satisfied with their work.
Not surprising, this was the lowest level ever recorded by the Conference Board research group in more than 22 years of studying the issue.
Economists and experts blame soaring health insurance costs…fewer employees consider their jobs meaningful or interesting... not to mention many feel their pay is not keeping up with inflation. "Throw in the fact that TODAY'S staffs are now doing the work of two or three people and you have a tsunami of disgruntled workers! But it doesn't have to be that way, " says America's Leading Reinvention Strategist, Peter "The Reinvention Guy" Fogel, author of the book "Reboot Your Career: 27 Ways to Reinvent Yourself in the Workplace (If You Still have a Job!") Frederick Fell Publishers
Adds Fogel, "No matter where you in the corporate pecking order you have to realize that you are the CEO of You Inc. at your company. You are the creator of your work and financial future. That said, you have to learn how to successfully market yourself to the decision makers, colleagues, industry leaders and turn their perception of you around. Here are…
5 Sure-Fire Reinvention Tips
1. Get the big picture: Stay focused on what's going on in your own company and your industry in general. Is the marketplace changing? Where will your company be in five, ten, fifteen years? In addition, where will your industry be? If there is major change in the air, then you have to make some serious decisions about your future. You don't want to be a salmon swimming upstream and chasing your goals!
2. Nurture the passion. Everyone has passion for what they do. If you don't, then you will NOT succeed at ANYTHING you do. Discover your passion and purpose and see if it can be transferred to new skills that can boost your company's profits (or your career in general!) Plain and simple -- discover new revenue streams or cost reductions that can add to your company's bottom line and you can write your ticket to earning more money in the shortest time possible! In other words, what do YOU bring to the table?
3. Find Yourself a Mentor. I don't care how young or old you are. There is somebody out there that knows a hell of a lot more than you do. That person has been there and done it, already and he can be your ticket to helping you succeed. Your goal is to find him or her cajole them into guiding you. It's been said you need approximately 1000 hours to learn a new skill (to master, you'll need more) But if you get a mentor, you can cut that time in half.
4. Join or Create a Mastermind Group. Two heads are better than one. Five or six are ideal. Search out folks who are in respective fields (or yours) that can help you solve problems and help boost your business or skill level. Then meet at a specific time each month to brainstorm ideas for each other. IMPORTANT: Only form a or join a mastermind group with folks that are at your level or above.
5. Discover your USP (Unique Selling Proposition) Every person on this planet has a USP. The secret is to unleash what is special about you and then in form the rest of humanity about it. Whether you are in business or an artist, you have learn how to market yourself. You must learn what is special about yourself and how you are better at it than your competition and can really stand out from the crowd. Reveal it, develop it -- and you can easily be the "go to" person in your industry or business and earn the money and prestige you desire.
Change is good. Rebooting your career -- if done correctly and with precision can be an exhilarating and liberating experience. If you want to not just survive, but THRIVE in today's competitive market… then reinventing yourself can be your ticket to success.
About the Author:
Peter J. Fogel is the nation's leading Reinvention Expert. A Humorist, Author and sought after Keynote Speaker and Trainer, he delivers presentations to corporations and associations on reinvention, effective team building, public speaking, marketing and how to achieve work/life balance using humor.
An Information Marketer and President of Peter Fogel Presents, a South Florida based consultant group, the author transformed himself from a late night television comic who has either worked or appeared on over 22 television shows (including "Married With Children") … into an iin demand Copywriter, Business Speaker, Marketing Consultant and Public Speaking Coach. For more info on the book or Peter's other services, visit www.rebootyourcareernow.com,www.reinventyourselfnow.com