Port Washington, WI
Friday, August 24, 2012
Port Washington, WI, Aug. 22, 2012 -- Wayne Breitbarth, author of the Number One best-selling book on LinkedIn, will explain how four of LinkedIn's newest features can be powerful tools in a PR or marketing campaign, when he's the guest expert on a webinar Aug. 30, 2012, hosted by Joan Stewart of http://www.PublicityHound.com
The webinar, "4 Secret LinkedIn Power Tools to Connect with Journalists and Put Money in Your Pocket, will be from 3 to 4:15 p.m. Eastern Time. It will be recorded and available for purchase for those who cannot attend live. Register at http://publicityhound.net/go/4-secret-linkedin-tools/
Stewart says the vast majority of people on LinkedIn either aren't using the new features, or they're using them incorrectly.
"Wayne will explain how he made a $2,700 sale simply by eavesdropping on someone who he didn't know on LinkedIn, and then following up with that person," Stewart said. "He'll also demonstrate how he connects with radio talk show hosts and other media without even knowing who they are, or being connected to them."
Breitbarth will show participants how to search for people who are talking about their topics, just like he did, and email them without spamming.
"One email sent to 10 radio talk show hosts typically gets him booked on two or three shows," Stewart said.
The webinar is for PR pros and publicists who advise their clients on how to use LinkedIn, authors who need to connect with their ideal readers, speakers who need to book more speaking engagements, consultants who need access to "ideal client" companies, virtual assistants who manage LinkedIn for their clients, nonprofits that need to promote events and fund-raisers and reach certain types of donors, and LinkedIn users who want to combine these four tools into a powerful strategy.
Participants will learn:
- How to find potential customers who are talking about problems their products or services solve
- The best way to contact potential customers once you've found them
- How to search for people in a specific city you're visiting so you can piggyback a paid speaking engagement onto a consulting assignment or a vacation
- 2 ways to connect with journalists in groups and, if you get no response, a third way that will get their attention
- How to read your competitors' status updates without being connected to them--this is a fabulous tool for spying!
- How to use one of the power tools to "listen" to conversations other people are having that you don't the right to participate in (this is legal and fine by LinkedIn's rules)
- A trick that most people don't know about status updates and how to use them to reach people who aren't connected to you
- The one tool every speaker must use after a speaking engagement to get a testimonial from the meeting planner and post it right on LinkedIn. (No, this isn't asking for a recommendation for your profile page.)
- A very clever, easy way to get into a company for a job interview, a consulting assignment or anything else by reaching out to alumni who attended the college you did. (You don't even have to know them!)
- How to dovetail LinkedIn's search functions and email capabilities to contact the right people with the message they want to hear, without annoying others who aren't interested
- How to create a LinkedIn strategy using these four tools
Registration is $49.95 and includes links for the video replay, the MP3 recording, the PowerPoint slides so registrants can do a quick of the content, Breitbarth's fill-in-the-blanks worksheet on how to search for people on LinkedIn, and his tips list on how authors can best use LinkedIn to connect with readers.
Breitbarth is the author of The Power Formula for LinkedIn Success, the Number One top-selling book on LinkedIn. He is a frequent speaker before business groups.
For more information, contact Stewart at 262-284-7451 or JStewart (at) PublicityHound (dot) com.
Port Washington, WI