Tuesday, December 20, 2011
December 20, 2011 – Atlanta, GA What blind spot has occurred on your balance sheet or in your business asks Gary Patterson, FiscalDoctor®, ERM expert and speaker and author of the forthcoming 2012 book Finding Your Million Dollar Blind Spots: What the CEO Needs to Know and Doesn't: The Why and How To Tell Your CEO".
Rightly or wrongly, too many organizations, their Board of Directors and executive leadership team only devote substantial additional efforts to identify financial and strategic blind spots around fiscal yearend audits. Consider
• How rapidly moving changes like moving to the cloud mean assets on your books could now be substantially overstated. Even preliminary movements to the cloud mean the economic value of capitalized IT assets may now have less economic value
• Where your people know asset values have softened and yet have not been willing to step forward to tell you.
• Where your people know assets need reallocation to meet key results for next year and are afraid to be the bearer of bad news.
How comfortable are you that you would not have to say yes to one or more of these type issues?
• Current asset values now may have a questionable economic value.
• The company would be better off selling certain assets at a loss to free up cash for more promising opportunities.
• Someone in your organization has painted an overly optimistic picture of the company to a customer, vendor, or financing source.
About Gary W. Patterson
Gary W. Patterson, president & CEO of FiscalDoctor®, works with leaders who want to uncover their blind spots so that they can make better decisions.© He has helped companies spanning supply chain, high tech, transportation, construction, and service industries. Patterson is a well-known speaker on enterprise risk management (ERM), operational risk management (ORM), strategic budgeting, risk assessments, leadership, and change management.
For more information, visit his website at www.fiscaldoctor.com. Patterson also offers a "free" fiscal fitness test at www.fiscaldoctor.com/fiscaltest.html. He can be reached at 678-319-4737.
Or consider, the FiscalDoctor's Fiscal Fitness Service, which includes a thorough analysis and review of financials and systems to identify risks and opportunities, and promises "10 strategic recommendations that will provide a framework for better managing challenges inherent in growing your company." Find your blind spots in time to make better business decisions.
© 2011 Gary W. Patterson All Rights Reserved.
Gary W. Patterson